Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Top Five: Funniest Things the Pie said This Week

I try to look for humor in nearly every situation I encounter; and when it involves my daughter, I don’t have to look very far. The Pie is a veritable treasure trove of comedy and she loves to make people laugh. This week in particular was crammed with hilarious bon mots, so the task of culling them into the top five challenged me.







1. “Oh, man, my butt looks great!” - While sorting through clothes The Pie has outgrown, we discovered a pair of jeans she hadn’t worn in a while. They are embellished with dazzling crystals and swirly designs on the back pockets. I tried them on her to see if they still fit and following a quick glance in the mirror, she delivered this very true statement.






2. “Mama, you are mistaken.” – This declaration ended a discussion about whether or not it was Treasure Day at school (which is Friday); the conversation took place on Tuesday.






3. “Do you WANT to look like a hoochie?” – I don’t normally wear a lot of eye make-up during the day, but I had a lunch date, so I went with my “date look.” The Pie is fascinated with the whole make-up process and watched while I loaded up on the face paint then delivered her critique.






4. “Papa smells like Mini’s breath!” – My dad is convinced that garlic is the panacea for all of his ills…and he doesn’t just take garlic pills, he eats an entire head of fresh garlic every day. Mini (the dog) has a tendency to ingest little nuggets left in the cat’s litter box (I know, gross). The Pie balked at giving her Papa kisses and this was her answer when I asked her why.






5. “Mama, is your date over yet?” – So that lunch date? It lasted into a dinner date with friends who were babysitting The Pie. Said date and I met them at a restaurant and there ended up being10 of us at the table enjoying a lovely time. At one of the few lulls in conversation, The Pie dropped this bomb.

Weekly feature? Probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment